Lal Bahadur College, Warangal was established in 1970 by the Osmania Graduates Association and Exhibition Society. The institution, since its inception has been developing steadily and it blossomed into a Post Graduate Centre accommodating distance learning centres like Indira Gandhi National Open University in 1987, SDLCE of Kakatiya University in 1991 and Lal Bahadur College of Education in 2003-2004.
Sri M.Vijayander Reddy is the Chairman and Sri B.Srinivas Rao is the Secretary of the college. Dr. P . Rama Devi, Reader in English has assumed the charge as Principal on 1st August, 2014. The college offers B.A, B.Com and B.Sc with various combinations and P.G courses like MBA, M.Sc(CS), M.Sc(Chemistry), M.Sc(Maths), M.Sc(Physics), M.Com, M.Com(CA). The college has been the first under Kakatiya University to introduce restructured course in Poultry Science at under graduate level as back as in the year 1978-79. The college has a total strength of 1947 students on its rolls including +2, with under graduation 1559 and post graduation 762. The College has well equipped labs, very good library and reading hall. It has large collection of books on various subjects with back numbers of various National & International journals and magazines and number of audio & video cassettes on academic subjects. The computer center is well equipped with Internet facility. The college has a games complex with indoor and outdoor games and sports facilities to enhance the physical endurance of youngsters.
The college is accredited twice in 2005 & 2011 with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council).